|In addition, the Assessing Department is responsible for
ASSESSMENT CHANGE NOTICES are mailed annually (mid-February). This is the taxpayer’s opportunity to review important information pertaining to his or her property. Please be sure to examine valuations, classifications, legal descriptions and exemption status.
- Maintaining property record cards for each parcel within the unit. These records include legal descriptions, land values, land improvements, building information, building values, exemption status, zoning information, etc.
- Creating and maintaining an Assessment Roll annually.
- Maintenance of all sales transactions on both vacant and improved properties; identifying and recording all new ownerships, processing related Property Transfer Affidavits, Homeowner’s Principal Residence Exemptions and Requests to Rescind.
- Establishing land values and economic condition factors throughout the township annually.
- Field inspections of all new construction projects and updating the property record cards accordingly.
- Land Division requests and processing.
- Periodic inspections of all real property parcels.
- Defending appeals to the Michigan Tax Tribunal.